Tuesday 16 October 2007

Zebrahead & J.Lo Doing It Well

This is, as far as I know, the only Zebrahead mash-up in existence. For those of you unfamiliar to the term, a 'mash-up' is a remix of sorts in which two songs are sampled together to create a new version of the said songs. Well last week, due to probably too much time on my hands I created a mash-up of Zebrahead's "Anthem" and Jennifer "J.Lo" Lopez's "Do It Well". Quite possibly the most random combination I could have picked? You bet. The mix is oh so cleverly titled "Do It Well (Anthem Mash-Up)" (lots of thought went into that name!) and has been live on YouTube for a week now and has around 3000 hits, which is pretty impressive considering my other videos take several months to reach those kind of numbers. For anyone who's interested in the technical stuff, I took an acapella version of "Do It Well" and changed the tempo to 90% before overlaying and cutting appropriately to get the timing to fit with the underlying "Anthem" instrumental track.

Anyway less blabbing, more viewing I say. You can check out the said remix below. Feel free to leave feedback, I'm always grateful for that. I'd also like to hear of any ideas for future mash-ups, or perhaps you've been inspired to create your own? Let me know!

No comments: